Friday, June 8, 2007

Barbados

Barbados is a really nice place to visit. The Beaches are near perfect. I stayed at the Blue Horizon Hotel which is predominantely a business class hotel. The rooms were well kept and the hotel staff was nice (whenever I got a chance to see them). The hotel location was about 5 minutes walk from the ever popular St. Lawrence Gap and the beach was just over the road. A real convenience for a morning dip before heading out to a full day of meetings.

I'd recommend renting a vehicle during your stay. If you are from other caribbean territories, you may find that things are a bit more expensive in Barbados but I guess that comes with most tourist destinations for people from the Caribbean.

If you are an avid motor sports fan then the Annual Barbados International Rally is the thing for you. Plan your visit well in advance if you plan to come around this time as hotels and flights are a premium during this week of events.

Barbados Crop Over and Jazz Festival are also bigh attractions though I've never been to either. I'll definitely visit Barbados again and next time I'll take along the camera.

No comments: