Friday, November 23, 2007

Holiday Inn on the Bay, San Diego

Holiday Inn on the Bay in San Diego offers exactly what you would come to expect from a hotel in that class. My interaction with the hotel actually began three weeks prior to my arrival and has been very satisfactory. I was able to communicate with one of the hotel's managers in relation to a package I wanted delivered to the hotel prior to my arrival. Their staff was more than accommodating in assisting me with this request and I'd like to make particular mention of Ms. Junneah Alilan who was always quick to respond via email. Upon arrival, before even asking, I was notified that I had my packages to pick up.

The good service continued through the stay. My only disappointment was the cloudy skies and cold days but this soon cleared up (on my last day in San Diego). The hotel room was just a bit above standard with a bit more attention to detail than in some other establishments though, some additional work could be done regarding the finishing touches. If you are to stay at this hotel, make sure and request a room on floor 9 or higher and on the Bay side. That way you are sure to get a great view of the Bay and the Star of India Ship instead of the great Holiday Inn Parking Lot :0

This hotel is located minutes away from a few shopping malls (Fashion Valley, Mission Valley, Horton Plaza & Sea Port Village. There are a couple eating options near by; I would recomment Anthony Fish Grotto (try any one of their lobster and pasta dishes)

The airport is just about 5 minutes away and the Hotel has a shuttle to take you there. Note though that the airport closes at 11 pm and reopens at 5am due to the proximity to the city so be prepared to line up outside if you've got an early morning flight.

Finally, many of the major attractions (zoo, museum) is just a few minutes away. If you're coming here on a vacation, plan on staying for about a week to 10 days to be able to visit everywhere and take in all the attractions. I stayed at the Holiday Inn to attend a conference held in the same hotel. I've got no regrets.

No comments: